Take care to clean your dog’s feet carefully after being outside. Rock Salt is a mixture of salt and grit which is commonly used to de- ice foot paths and roads in this cold weather.

Rock salt can be damaging to your dog’s pads and can cause trouble if ingested when your dog licks their paws.

Rock Salt ingestion can cause dehydration and in cases where a dog ingests a large amount it can cause liver problems.
Washing feet with warm water when you return from a winter walk, and drying paws will reduce risks.