Making a Pet Insurance Claim
We offer indirect and direct insurance claims
We understand that when you have the stress and worry of an ill or injured pet,
handling all the paperwork regarding an insurance claim can be a concern
An indirect claim is where your insurance company reimburses the claim proceeds to you. To process this, we need to send a fully completed claim form to your insurance company, together with detailed receipts of payment, after you have settled your account with the practice.
The insurance company will then pay you the amount that is due, less any excess and uninsured costs.
What we need from you:
• Your account with us must be settled in full before your claim can be processed.
• You must provide a separate signed claim form for each condition you would like us to make a claim for, unless there is space for multiple conditions on your form.
• If your pet has been treated by Vets Now or a referral centre you will also need to provide a separate claim form for their fees.
What we will do:
• We will complete your claim form and have it signed by the veterinary surgeon in charge of your case (or an alternative authorised staff member).
• We will send our clinical notes and any other information that the insurance company may require.
• We will aim to send it to your insurance company within 14 working days, providing you have completed the relevant policyholder sections and paid your account in full.
• No administration fee is charged for processing an indirect claim
We are only able to offer a direct claim for amounts over £500 and this must be on prior arrangement.
If the practice agrees to make a direct claim on your behalf, you benefit from not having to pay for all of your pet’s treatment ‘up front’ and then having to wait for reimbursement from your insurance company afterwards.
It does, however, require a significant amount of administration time, and can delay our receipt of payment for several weeks. We therefore require an administration fee, your insurance excess and a deposit to be paid.
What we need from you:
• A £15 administration fee is charged per claim and is payable at the start of the claim process.
• Payment of your excess. If you are unsure of the exact amount then we require £100 payment
• A deposit of £500 is also required for us to complete the claim.
• You must provide a claim form for each condition you are claiming for, unless there is space for multiple conditions on your form.
• Claim forms must have all policyholder sections completed in full.
• All forms must be signed and dated in the relevant section stating that payment comes direct to us (Penrose Veterinary Group Ltd
• Vetsure policy holders are exempt from the administration fee and deposit.
At your initial visit you must provide us with a copy of your valid insurance certificate/ schedule, showing the limit on the policy, the amount of the excess, the start date and any exclusions that may be placed on the policy.
Prior to your first visit to Penrose Veterinary Group we ask that you contact your insurance company to give permission for us to speak with them about your policy and outstanding claims.
What we will do:
• We will complete your claim form and have it signed by the veterinary surgeon in charge of your case (or an alternative authorised staff member). We will send our clinical notes, and any other information that your insurance company may require.
• We will aim to send it to your insurance company within 14 working days. We will also aim to call your insurance company within 14 working days after sending your claim form to check that they have received it.
• In the event that we have not received a payment from your insurance company 45 days after sending your claim. We will inform you by telephone.
For operational reasons we will not be able to provide a direct claim for the following insurance companies;
Equine and Livestock (E&L)
Pet Insurance.co.uk (We love pets)
Trust Insurance (trustinsurance.co.uk)
Dove Petcare (dovepetcare.co.uk)
LeisureGuard Pet (leisureguardpetinsurance.co.uk)
Kwik Fit Pet insurance
Please Note that:
- It is your responsibility to settle your account after 90 days if the insurance company has not made a payment to us by then.
- By offering a direct claim we are not creating a contract between ourselves and the insurance company.
- Responsibility for any amount not paid by the insurance company remain with you and are to be settled in line with our standard terms of business.
If you are in doubt about your insurance cover please feel free to bring in details and we can look at your policies together.
From the team at
Penrose Veterinary Group Ltd
As a fully accredited Vetsure practice we can exclusively offer our clients 5 weeks cover free of charge.
Simply choose whichever level of cover you are interested in taking out and get the first 5 weeks free. If you’re happy, your cover will continue seamlessly.
To activate your 5 Weeks Free Cover call the friendly team at Vetsure on 0800 050 2022