Penrose Veterinary Group will be closed on the Easter bank holidays;
Friday 30th March – Good Friday
Sunday 1st April – Easter Day
Monday 2nd April – Easter Monday
Vets Now will be on duty at the practice during the Easter break, for any emergencies that may arise and for veterinary advice.
We are open as usual from 9:00am until 12.00pm on Saturday 31st March
Easter Advice from the Dog’s Trust
Chocolate is highly toxic to dogs, and could be a recipe for disaster if they get their paws on it.
Ahead of the Easter break, we’re offering tips to help dog owners partial to chocolate easter treats avoid an unexpected trip to the vets with their dog, as well as a reminder of some of the symptoms. However, if you are at all concerned that your dog may have consumed chocolate, don’t delay in taking them to visit us.
What are the symptoms of poisoning?
– Excessive thirst
– Rapid heart rate
– Tremors and potentially seizures
How can you keep your dog safe?
Lock up the choc! If you have a doggy detective keep chocs out of sight and smell
Never feed your dog any type of chocolate that is intended for humans
If you suspect your dog has consumed any chocolate, contact us immediately